Please visit the events calendar on the events calendar to find details of any forthcoming referees courses.
Referee training courses at Introductory and National level are now available for Member Nations.
Both these courses meet in full the criteria and standards set by the WSF CBTA Programme (Competency Based Training and Assessment). This programme sets the global standard for referee training, development and appointment and has been adopted in full by ESF.
Both courses are scheduled over 2 days and include both classroom and court activities.
More details of these courses may be found on the WSF website : Referees/CBTA Programme.
The ESF Terms and Conditions for delivering these courses are set out below.
The Member Nation Association shall be responsible for the following expenses.
- Full return travel costs for the ESF appointed Course Tutor.
- Transfer from airport to hotel and return, transport from hotel to training venue and return.
- Hotel accommodation and all meals during the visit.
- ESF Course fees : Introductory level - €200
- : National level - €250
- ESF Licence Fee : €15/candidate
(includes issuing the official ESF certificate)
- Production of printed course materials and hand outs.
The ESF shall be responsible for the following.
- Provision of an approved WSF Referee Tutor
- Provision of course training materials and learning aids.
- Tuition and assessment practice/review.
- Provision and issue of certification on successful completion.
Member Nations who are not able to provide sufficient candidates to organise a cost effective course may wish to nominate candidates for a centrally run course in a convenient location. These courses may be of interest to small or developing squash nations and will be organised when sufficient numbers have registered an interest.
The fees for these courses is : Introductory - €100/candidate National - €250/candidate
Please click here to download the application form for running a referee course.